Sunday, April 29, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

On Wednesday April 18th I fell asleep in Ryker's room, at about 3am I woke to the sound of my sweet baby boy crying! :) If you are a Mother of a baby that has been extubated before I'm sure you understand how utterly amazing it is to finally hear your baby cry after 4 weeks of silence. It was the best sound in the world to wake up to!! I put my head down by his & begun to speak to him, instantly he stopped crying & just stared at me with his big beautiful eyes! It was such a huge step in the right direction & oh so PERFECT! :)

On Friday morning we got word that Ryker will be on the recovery floor by Monday :) I was thrilled beyond words!!! Especially because just the night before I had another heartbreaking conversation with my sweet Braylee over skype. She had told me in the sweetest way that she could, that she didn't believe me anymore that she was coming to see me in Boston. She was starting to wonder if she would ever see me again :( This broke my heart more than I can even express!! So now knowing Ryker would soon be on the recovery floor meant we were one step closer to getting our family back together again. :) Thank you God!

Our plan has been that as soon as Ryker gets onto the recovery floor Jason would go back home to Utah to pack up our stuff, put half in storage half in a uhaul & then he & his Dad would make the long drive back here to Boston where we will be living. This day was finally coming & coming quickly!!

By Sunday morning we had Jason's flight booked for Monday morning for him to go to Utah, a bunch of people lined up to help Jason pack up our house for while he was there & my girls all prepared to go to Utah for a week to spend with my family before coming to Boston hopefully the following Thursday!!!!!!! I could hardly contain myself.....I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!! :)

My sweet angel baby!!
Ryker having his very first bottle :) :)
My sweet baby with the "high flow" candula

Getting his stitches removed. He is such a tough little guy!!!




No comments: