Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In my arms again :)

On April 13th I got to hold my sweet boy for the first time since the morning of his surgery!!!

I had been up in Ryker's room with Terry (Jason's Dad) & the nurse Jaime (the male nurse that we love!) Asked me if I had held Ryker at all. I told him that I wish I had but when they ex-tubated him the week before I hadn't been able to hold him before they had to re-intubate him. He said "well I would love to set it up for you to hold him if you want to?" I of course wanted to jump up & down with excitement but I contained myself & said "are you sure it's okay? I don't want hurt him!" Jaime insisted it would be fine & I was so excited!!!   

Terry text Jason to come switch him places (there can only be 2 people at bed side at all times) so Jason headed up with the camera so he could be there when I held him!

After much manipulation & work Jaime & the respiratory therapist got Ryker all situated. Jaime put him in my arms & I was in HEAVEN!!! After a long 3 weeks, 2 days & 16 hours I had my sweet baby boy in my arms again! A moment I had honestly wondered if I would be blessed enough to ever have again. It was SO Perfect!! I was able to hold him from midnight until a little after 2am :) I was so comfy & so content & I never wanted to let go!

The best part was that not only did I love it, but Ryker did too! He instantly fell fast asleep & his blood pressure & respiratory rate went down a ton! Yeah for Mommy time :)

 I had to be so careful not to move him around with having the ventilator still in, so I can't wait until next time when the breathing tube is out so I can have some good snuggle time too! :)




No comments: