Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Reunited after 53 days!!!!! :) :) :)

The day had FINALLY come!!! My babies were going to be here in Boston!!! :)

It had been a really rough week for Ryker, but thankfully all day today he was great! I felt like he was finally looking & feeling better & coming out of whatever it was that he had going on. I was SO excited because this meant that I would not only be able to go to the airport to surprise my kids, but I also talked to my Mom about her staying the night with Ryker so that I could snuggle with my kids! I was SO excited I was literally crying every time I thought about it.

I had requested my favorite night nurse to make sure that Ryker was taken care of perfectly while I was gone. Then Jason & I were on our way! The whole way there I had the normal anxiety of leaving Ryker but I knew that at this point Ryker was okay & my other kids needed me more.

As soon as we arrived at the airport my heart started pounding! I don't know that I have ever felt so anxious & excited at the same time in all my life! As we walked through the airport trying to figure out where they would be coming out of I was literally shaking....I could hardly contain myself!

At the top of the escalators was an area that we could wait for the kids to come out, however the area that they would be coming out of was a very long corridor that was guarded by security to not let anyone in only out. My first thought was "as soon as I see them walking down that long corridor, I don't know if I will be able to stop myself from running right past the security guards to get to my babies!" So Jason suggested that we go back down the escalators & wait there so I didn't get hauled off to jail ;)

We waited for sometime. It felt like an ETERNITY!!! Then suddenly I saw the bottom of Addi's jammy dress & Trett's legs coming down the escalator....There they were, they were REALLY here!!! A day I was praying for, for almost 2 months!!

I ran over to the bottom of the escalators, then I could see all four of my sweet kids standing there & all four of their eyes got big :) I said "Addi!!" & She looked at me with her big beautiful eyes, put her two little fingers in her mouth & said "Mommy!!" with tears in her eyes! I instantly lost it, tears began to rush down my cheeks! Braylee looked at me, started to push past Trett to get to me & said in the sweetest voice "Mommy!!" I will never in all my life let both there voices saying my name that first time ever leave my memory! It was priceless!!!

The escalators were not moving fast enough so I begun to step onto them to get to my kids faster, then I instantly realized that I would end up hurting not only myself but my kids in the process, so I stepped back down & as soon as they were close enough to grab I swept both Addi & Braylee up in my arms & held them with everything I had!! I was sobbing! It was the best moment in my life! I had missed them more than I could ever express in words!

I held both of them all the way out to the car. Both of them constantly saying "I love you so much Mommy!" & Addi's adorable baby voice saying "You my Mommy!" I would reply by saying "You my Addi" & she would just smile & hug me so tight! I love these girls more than I could ever say & I am so grateful to have them in my arms again!!!!

If it wouldn't have hurt both my kids & I, I would have ran right up the "down" escalator & held them!
 
The best feeling in the world!!!

ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS MOMENT!! I will never forget it in all my life!!
Back together after 53 days


Love this moment!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

What an inspirational story! My kids pray for all the heart babies each night. My 5th baby has Heterotaxy. He was in the ICU for 3 months after birth. You describe the emotions so well. Thanks

Smile4Riley said...

To Begin Your family is Beautiful!! I came to this blog through reading your post that someone else had shared. When I read what you wrote... I felt like I had wrote it myself! My Riley is 4 years old also with Heterotaxy and Pulmonary Vein Stenosis... Among other CHD's. Riley is currently listed for a Heart/Lung transplant at CHOP. Not a road that Anyone wants to travel, but there is Hope for Riley on this road.
Remember.... There is Always Hope!!!
www.smile4riley.com

Missy said...

I'm so happy for all of you, I cried like a baby reading this. You guys have been through so much, I pray that your loads will be lifted! Love you guys!