Sunday, May 20, 2012

-A Relaxing Week-



As of Wednesday May 9th Jason & I decided that it would be best for both us & our kids if we would start taking turns being at the hospital with Ryker & being at the Hotel with our girls.

This arrangement has been SO good for all of us! Before this I hadn't really been outside the hospital walls for over 2 months besides the night I stayed with my kids the first night they got here to Boston & a few other little walks & food stops. So as hard as it was for me to let go & leave Ryker every other night I knew he was with his Daddy & my girls needed me too! Plus- then Jason got some one on one time with Ryker that he had never had before. So it has been great!

My first night with just me & my girls we got the stroller all packed up & went on a long walk out in the warm fresh air. I didn't realize how much I missed & needed the fresh air!It felt amazing!! The next day the girls & I found the coolest park to play at, its HUGE!!! So we had a great first 24hrs together & looked forward to many more!

From then on I would spend 24hrs at the hospital, then 24hrs with my girls & vis-versa for Jason. The only problem was that this way Jason & I had no time together at all besides the quick switching of the kids & a kiss goodbye. But as long as our kids are good, we are too & we know it will get back the way we like it soon enough.

After many tests & trail-n-error with Ryker both Dr. Marx & Dr. DelNido decided that the only way to get Ryker back on the right track & eating good again was going to be surgery....:( This of course was not what we wanted to hear, but we knew they were right. We didn't know yet when the surgery would be, we just knew it would be the week of the 14th. Dr. DelNido decided he was going to bring Ryker's case up to the board of Cardiologists at the conference on Tuesday the 15th & we would have a surgery date until then.

With this news we asked Joan (Jason's Mom) if she could come out to help us with the girls so that during his next surgery we could both be there for Ryker. Joan got a flight out as soon as possible. She is so amazing, she pretty much just quit her job, left her life in Montana behind & came out here to help us because she knew that's what would help both us & our kids the most, with no returning ticket so she could stay as long as we need her help! :) She is so caring & so helpful! I am SO grateful that I have a Mother-in-law that truly cares unconditionally the way she does! Thank you from the bottom of my heart Joan! We love & appreciate you more than you could ever know!!


Here are a few pics of our week-

He LOVES his mobile :)
Braylee took this pic :) She is my little photgrapher

My sweet angel baby!!!
Ryker & Daddy's first night together :)






All clean :)

My Smiley~Happy Boy!!






My beautiful girls on the playground

My sweet Addi loves the sunshine!

My beautiful Bray! (I am so scared for when she grows up...she is way too pretty!!)




No comments: