Thursday, February 23, 2012

A little Tid-Bit between Braylee & Ryker :)

Ryker has been "Braylee's Baby" for some time now & he's not even here yet! Way back when Addi was just a teeny baby & both Jason & I were feeling like we might be done having kids Braylee kept telling us that she has a baby brother named Ryker that still needed to come. She would randomly say "Mom I just can't wait until my baby brother Ryker gets here. I would just laugh cause I wasn't even close to deciding to get pregnant yet. Sometimes she would tell that she had seen him in her dreams & tell me how much she loves him & he wasn't even an embryo yet...lol!

So when we did get pregnant, needless to say she insisted that it was a boy & that his name was going to be Ryker. Both Jason & I loved this name I just didn't understand where she had gotten it from. One day she had asked me to take her kitty to school for show & tell & while I was there I met an adorable little boy named Ryker...turns out this little boy was Braylee's first crush & she wanted to name her little brother (we still didn't even know if it was a boy yet) after him. But she has said that its not just because of this little boy she has said that Ryker was his name in her dreams that she had about him. So we had fallen in love with the name & had decided that if it was a boy his name would be Ryker.

There have been numerous times that we said to Braylee "so what if the baby is a girl?" & she would just get frustrated & say "Duh he is not a girl, he is a boy! Just wait & see" So when I was 14 weeks along we went to fetal foto to find out what the gender was. When the ultrasound tech said "It's a Boy!" Braylee said "I told you!!!" She has always known & there was no way she was going to hid it.

So, then back at my 20 week ultrasound when I said that both my girls got there very own ultrasound picture of baby Ryker yawning. Braylee has kept that picture with her always! :) A day or two after the ultrasound sound she put it into a hard cover book (so it wouldn't get bent or ruined) & took it to my sister Jenni's house so she could show it to everyone there, then the next school day she took it for show & tell :) She has always been so proud to show of her baby brother & he hasn't even arrived yet. Every time that I go to the hospital she expects me to bring her a new picture of her baby brother to put up on her wall :)

When we found out that our kids would not be able to see Ryker until he is 2-3 months old we were devastated for all our kids but especially Braylee! She had been anticipating his arrival long before anyone else even knew that he was coming & she was literally counting down the days. So, when I finally got up the courage to tell Braylee that she couldn't see him until he came home from the hospital around 2-3 months old she didn't believe me. She told me to just wait & see because she knows that she will be able to see him in the hospital :) So low & behold now they have told us that my kids can see him as long as they are there soon after birth. When I told Braylee this she said once again.... "I told ya Mom!" She was right again & somehow I truly believe that she is connected to this baby in a way that no one here on earth could ever understand. I am so grateful for this sweet little girl!!

Jason said that when Ryker is older he is going to tell him "You better listen to your sister, she knows what is best for you, in ways no one else can...literally!" lol!

3 comments:

Tisha said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! So sweet. Can't wait for her to meet him.

Jamie Bowcutt said...

Such a awesome story, I love it!! So excited to meet baby Ryker!

Jewels said...

This is the sweetest thing I have ever heard!! She really does sound connected to him!!