Monday, July 30, 2012

Long Awaited Family Time!!

Since being back from the CICU Ryker has been doing great! Even though he is gaining weight slowly he IS gaining weight & he has been happier than he has ever been! I spend all day with him in my arms snuggling him while he sleeps & chatting up a storm with him (literally having the nurses think I'm crazy) while he is awake. I love this baby boy SO much more than I could have ever imagined! Regardless of all he has gone through he is still the sweetest happiest baby boy with the sweetest spirit in the world! I am so grateful for this amazing boy! 

On July 2nd my boys were finally coming back to Boston to visit. Now as you may remember last time they were here Ryker got transferred back to the CICU the day they got here, so we were never able to be all together as a family the whole time they were here. Each time we had to split up & have only 2 of us at a time go into his room to see him. So we are all ridiculously excited to be able to all be together as a family again!!!

The second my girls saw them walking through the airport they RAN to them! They were so excited! We immediately went to the hospital so we could all be together as a family again. It was the best feeling & missed way more than I had even realized! Then watching the boys hold Ryker & having Ryker smile back at them showing them how happy he was to see them again was PRICELESS! Needless to say it was a very emotional day for all of us!   


Having the boys here has made home life feel a little more normal...still I have the constant thing in the back of my mind no matter WHAT we do together as a family of "I wish SO badly Ryker could be here with us!" It eats me alive when I am away from him, but knowing that Grandma is with him & all his amazing Doctors & nurses have his best interest at heart helps a ton. 

Now that we have moved into our rental home in Belchertown (that is an hour and about 20 minutes from the hospital) we have now gone to switching off every 3 days rather than every 24hrs. This was a really hard adjustment for me to be without any of my kids for that long, but especially Ryker. I just realize that when I am with him he does much better, gains more weight & is all around happier when I am there. So we are doing our best to just get him big, get him to his next operation & get him home with his family where he belongs!!


The boys get to stay until July 18th & we plan on being together & doing as many fun things with them as we can before they have to go back to Utah.....So here's to an awesome month! :)


Picking up our boys from the airport

 
Their sisters were so excited to see them!
TOGETHER AS A FAMILY AT LAST!!!!!! Only waited 4 months...So worth the wait!!

Trett holding Ryker after 4 months of waiting

Jadd holding Ryker after 4 months of waiting

All four of my boys together! LOVE THEM!!

On a walk in our new town...SO BEAUTIFUL HERE :)

My happy smiley boy!!

Ryker loves his nurses :)
Whale watching as a family



Mommy & baby Humpback whales....so neat!

Absolutely LOVE this man!

Me & my beautiful girls

My AMAZING Family! I cannot wait to have Ryker here with us too! :)

Swimming at our wonderful Landlord Denise's pool


The boy trying to get each other in the pool
Ryker LOVES Jadd!

Addi loves wearing her brothers hats




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm sure your used to all these kind of comments but I really couldnt help myself.
First, I wanted to tell that you and your family is incredibly amazing, brave, strong, inspiring and so much more.
I jus stumbled upon this blog tonight from looking at iloveliamlyon and have tried to read it all tonight. You are an amazing mom. You are a true example of what strength a mom truly has, come time to protect her baby.
And ryker...gosh he's an angel on earth. Your pictures can't do him justice as to what a miracle he really is. Henis everything u say he is...not just ur mom input. He's beautiful and perfect. Praying that you all keep your strength and health and the obvious for ryker...a healthy normal life.